MainstreamOn Women

Mirabel Not Arrested, Ogun Government Reaffirms Ongoing Investigation 

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Summary: The Ogun State Government has reaffirmed that investigations are ongoing in Mirabel’s reported sexual assault case, stating that she received medical and psychosocial care before being handed over to the police. The update comes amid efforts to counter misinformation and disinformation surrounding the incident.

The Ogun State Government has provided an update on the reported sexual assault case involving a TikTok content creator, Mirabel, who reported being raped in her apartment on February 15, 2026.

In a statement posted on X, the Ogun State Commissioner for Women Affairs and former President, Hon. Motunrayo Adijat Adeleye, confirmed that the state had initiated a coordinated, multi-sectoral response following the reports. She said the survivor was admitted to a state-owned health facility, where she received comprehensive medical care, investigation, and psychosocial support, and responded positively to treatment.

Hon. Motunrayo further disclosed that after receiving initial medical attention and appropriate care, the survivor has been handed over to the Ogun State Police to enable the conclusion of investigations. She emphasised that the young woman remains a survivor of a reported crime unless and until the outcome of the investigation determines otherwise.

“We urge members of the public to remain calm and allow law enforcement authorities to carry out their duties professionally, thoroughly, and without interference,” she said, noting that speculation or premature conclusions may undermine due process.

The development follows a coordinated wave of misinformation and disinformation aimed at discrediting the survivor’s account. The campaign included a doctored TikTok profile, false claims by some influencers, and a fabricated arrest story linked to her report.

The case first gained public attention on February 15 after a video circulated on social media showing Mirabel tearfully recounting the rape. She said the incident occurred that morning after she opened her door, believing it was her neighbour, and was attacked inside her apartment by a man she had earlier refused to give her phone number to.

The public now looks forward to a thorough investigation by the appropriate authorities to establish the facts surrounding the case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button